Showcase and Share
- Confederate a range of data providers working on these issues, notably the Task Force on Monitoring for the United Nations Decade on Ecosystem Restoration, the UNCCD reporting framework, and the PBL Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency;
- Establish a systematic process to continuously review and distill international best practices in the domain of restoration and conservation so that they could be projected and promoted across the world;
- Create application process interfaces from existing databases to be used by the media, social media influencers and other interested actors;
- Develop high-quality data visualization products based on the existing database and make them available to the media, including social media;
- Establish partnerships with accomplished documentary directors and media houses to produce and promote high-quality documentaries on case studies of conservation successes;
- Create an immersive visual analytics space for international exhibitions/meetings that allows participants to inhabit current and future environments and interactively test, compare, debate and share ‘data journeys’ into the current and future impacts of decision-making;
Establish global awards to recognize leadership efforts in land restoration and conservation efforts. Subject to the availability of additional partners and resources, the Initiative will propose establishing a highly prestigious Restoration Leadership Award for game-changing national land restoration policies and programmes so that leadership at the highest level can be recognized and given visibility, including at the G20 Leaders’ Summits.